Saturday, July 6, 2013

A recipe, some thoughts, and a plan of action

Hello, trying to figure out the best way to organize my posts. I figure just start posting and if I decide to revise the format of these posts later, so be it!

So, I made ratatouille this weekend:

4 zucchinis 
1 large eggplant
2 onions (I love onions)
3 cloves garlic
1 28 oz can of tomato + some spare from one already open
olive oil


Slice all the zucchini


Peel the eggplant, cube


Chop the onion and garlic, cook on medium-high with olive oil until soft and brown. Add tomato.

Throw in eggplant, zuch
Let that cook on medium for 20-30 minutes. Serve over pasta :)

Most of today's eats were not captured (I'll work on having my phone camera on me at all times). Here are some random things that I had:

Laughing cow wedge, carrots, cucumber. Coffee (of course, you will realize this is a constant in my life)

Some cinnamon cheerios that I got cheap on closeout, truly delicious but not worth the $4.95/box they typically are priced at.

For dinner I had a vegan Boca burger with:

As for my plan for health/fitness I've come up with some general rules:

Food-wise

  • No eating after 10 pm (being a college student, the late night eating has sadly become a terrible habit of mine). 
  • No more artificial sweeteners. I've been off diet coke for about a month now and looking back I can't believe how much of it I used to be able to consume. I've noticed without it my cravings have decreased significantly! Also, going to invest in some natural sweeteners (e.g. stevia in the raw, truvia)
  • No more than 2 snacks/day. I'm a major grazer. 
  • Record what I eat via this blog...holding myself accountable ;)
Fitness-wise
  • Exercise 5-6/week (this will be a challenge as usually I can manage 4 times...I lack major motivation) BUT! I really want to be fit and this is the only way :) 
  • Starting bootcamp in 1-2 weeks once I get back home (currently on my college campus)
  • MOVE 

It's time for me to care about my health long-term. I've been on the yo-yo ride many a time, I've had true issues with food which...I may take the time to share on this blog, and I'm beyond exhausted with what I keep doing. No more self-sabotage. I get to be happy, and fit, and not give a damn if someone thinks I care way to much about these things. They matter to me and I don't have to apologize for that. I leave you all, if there's even a solitary soul consuming these words, with a song that has brought me much peace throughout my life:


Until tomorrow :)









No comments:

Post a Comment