So, I made ratatouille this weekend:
1 large eggplant
2 onions (I love onions)
3 cloves garlic
1 28 oz can of tomato + some spare from one already open
Slice all the zucchini
Peel the eggplant, cube
Chop the onion and garlic, cook on medium-high with olive oil until soft and brown. Add tomato.
Most of today's eats were not captured (I'll work on having my phone camera on me at all times). Here are some random things that I had:
Laughing cow wedge, carrots, cucumber. Coffee (of course, you will realize this is a constant in my life)
Some cinnamon cheerios that I got cheap on closeout, truly delicious but not worth the $4.95/box they typically are priced at.
For dinner I had a vegan Boca burger with:
- No eating after 10 pm (being a college student, the late night eating has sadly become a terrible habit of mine).
- No more artificial sweeteners. I've been off diet coke for about a month now and looking back I can't believe how much of it I used to be able to consume. I've noticed without it my cravings have decreased significantly! Also, going to invest in some natural sweeteners (e.g. stevia in the raw, truvia)
- No more than 2 snacks/day. I'm a major grazer.
- Record what I eat via this blog...holding myself accountable ;)
- Exercise 5-6/week (this will be a challenge as usually I can manage 4 times...I lack major motivation) BUT! I really want to be fit and this is the only way :)
- Starting bootcamp in 1-2 weeks once I get back home (currently on my college campus)
It's time for me to care about my health long-term. I've been on the yo-yo ride many a time, I've had true issues with food which...I may take the time to share on this blog, and I'm beyond exhausted with what I keep doing. No more self-sabotage. I get to be happy, and fit, and not give a damn if someone thinks I care way to much about these things. They matter to me and I don't have to apologize for that. I leave you all, if there's even a solitary soul consuming these words, with a song that has brought me much peace throughout my life:
Until tomorrow :)