Monday, July 8, 2013

In transition

First off, I know this post is late. I've been busy figuring out my schedule. I'll be more diligent as I get into the swing of this post/day thing. Now onto the crucial points of this post:

It's hard to weigh expectations against reality. I feel wonderful after a good workout but that doesn't mean I'm going to wake up the next morning at the weight I've always wanted to be or suddenly be able to run a 5K without stopping.

Even though our minds are "there" our bodies need time. Given the instant gratification our culture has become expectant of...it's hard. That's when a goal-system can become instrumental to true success. Don't set yourself up for failure by expecting too much. So, I won't expect to lose 20 lbs in a week and my body will thank me by slowly but surely shedding me of that excess weight.

You've just got to put in the time.

And I did today:

20 minutes elliptical
7 minutes stairs (whew, those are hard)
1 mile run
ARMs DAY
2x10 17.5 lb rows/arm
2x10 dips
2x10 30 lb overhead pushups
2x10 45 lb chest press

Also, made this beauty:
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of chickpeas
1 bag of baby carrots, halved
2 stalks of celery, sliced
2 bundles of organic, fresh from the farm kale (I volunteer at one for free produce :p)
1 onion
basil olive oil (my mom picked up at a store that specializes in the stuff, spectacular)
2 cups-3 cups vegetable broth (I didn't measure)
Salt/pepper to taste

saute onion until translucent. Add stock. Throw in all the veggies and the beans. Let cook for around 20-30 minutes. EASY, right? And it was delicious.


I don't have many pics from the rest of the day but it consisted of: soup (see above), coffee, vegan burgers, oatmeal with butternut squash/maple syrup, lots of fresh fruit, and more.

Again, still getting the hang of taking pictures, etc. Until tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment