Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Snippets

It can be hard when the motivation isn't there. I think that's the true divide between someone like myself, who will exercise everyday for a week hardcore and then not see the inside of a gym for a month, and someone truly fit. I'm learning that regardless of the occasion just working up a sweat can be rewarding. Not only physically!

So, this morning I woke up and post-coffee had my pre-workout snack

Cinnamon Cherrios x 2

Apple slices with a smear of laughing cow (times like 10)



At the gym I did 20 moderately-intense minutes on the elliptical.
Followed with 10 minutes of stairmaster. I seriously love doing stairs but can only usuallymanage 10-20 minutes.
Finished with a 1.5 mile jog/run and stretching.




I came home and put this into the oven ;)



Just a bit of butter (or oil) and cinnamon. 350 degrees for 40 minutes (varies on size).

FORK TENDER :P




Has a delicious texture similar to sweet potato
LOVE BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Served with maple syrup and a splash of almond milk. *DROOL*










Lunch was a boca vegan pattie topped with cottage cheese. A side of veggies.
Also, while the butternut squash cooked I roasted some organic easter radishes:
They lose that bitter taste when you roast them. Perfect for salads or eat straight up.


It's a beautiful day. I'm glad I got out to enjoy it.


Going to make some coffee. Until later.











1 comment:

  1. I've been craving butternut squash all last week but haven't actually gone out to get one. After looking at your pictures, I'm definitely having butternut squash this week :)

    ReplyDelete